The Old Vine House is a House, on frontage of which grows the Old Vine, the oldest vine in the world
which is, with an age of over 400 years, registered also in the Guinness Book of Records. Once
it was a component part of the town's defence wall, and today it attracts tourists as the central wine culture temple.
The old Vine House is a temple of wine tradition and culture of Maribor, Štajerska and Slovenia, a house that represents the history and significance of the Old Vine, culture and long tradition of viticulture and the wine trade in our region.
The Old Vine House is a selling point of
The Old Vine House is a wine tasting place of excellent wines from Štajerska wine region (check the current special wine tasting offer!).
The Old Vine House is a tourist information centre.
The Old Vine House is an exceptional event room. Would you like to use it for your event? Contact us.
The Old Vine House is the honorary seat of Slovene and international associations, sworn to honouring wine and the wine culture: St Urban's honourable wine convention, European Order of Knights of Wine, Association of Slovene Order of Knights of Wine, Association of representatives of Slovene and Maribor's wine queens.
The wine-cultural highlights of Maribor and its surroundings
What to see? What to experience?
-Take a walk along the river Drava embankment
: visit the Old Vine, the queen of all vines
, and the Old Vine House, on the frontage of which grows the Old Vine
- The Old Vine House, a temple of wine tradition and culture
: exhibition and wine tasting room, selling point and tourist information centre
- Maribor's wine underworld, wine cellars, bars, and museums
: Vinag Wine Cellar
, wine cellar Dveri-Pax
Wine Bar, Maribor Wine Bar
in Water Tower, Viticultural Museum Kebl
- Wine roads
: Maribor, Podpohorska, and Upper Slovenske gorice
wine-tourist road and The Trail of Archduke Johann
intertwine over the hilly, wine growing surroundings of Maribor. Numerous wine shops and tourist farms offer excellent white sorts and Štajerska delights,
- excellent, traditional wine and food of Štajerska
Visit events in honour of the Old Vine
- Pruning of the Old Vine – ceremonious event with the bestowal of scions to selected cities
- St Martin's Day – the biggest one-day St Martin’s Day celebrations in Slovenia
- Ceremonial grape harvest of the Old Vine – the highlight of the Old Vine Festival that shows the rich wine, as well as fruit, culinary and ethnological culture of Štajerska.