Please, evaluate the offer:

St. Joseph`s church

Print Add to travel planner
Address: Tourist region Pohorje - Maribor
www.maribor-pohorje.si
The parish church St. Joseph stands on the right bank of the river Drava, in the area of Studenci.  A beautiful view on the church building can be seen from Maribor's Lent.

Pilgrimage gatherings and wooden ladles

Once it was a pilgrimage church with the biggest gatherings of pilgrims taking place on the church holiday of St Joseph, when trades folk sold the renowned simple wooden ladles and other articles made from wood.

The image through centuries

The first church dates from 1675 to 1681 (according to some sources the Maribor mayor Valentin pl. Bevargo had it built in memory of the plague) but its present image dates from 1726 - 1728. At the end of that period also a benefice house was built. In the year 1743 the church got a somewhat crooked bell tower. At the turn of the 20th century the precious Baroque furnishings made by master Josef Straub and Jožef Holzinger dating from 1750 - 1784 were changed for neo-Renaissance ones. After the First World War the church was taken over by the Capuchin order from the Lazarist monks, who had looked after it from 1897 - 1911.

 
Holy mass: Monday-Saturday: 8 am, 7 pm (winter: 6 pm), Sunday: 7 am, 8 am, 10 am and 7 pm (winter: 6 pm) 


St. Joseph`s church 
Ob izvirkih 5 
2000 
Maribor 
Tel. : ++386 2 420 25 78 
Web site : www.maribor-pohorje.si 


GPS Northing (N) : 46,5574 
GPS Easting (E) : 15,6305 
Administrator : Zavod za turizem Maribor - Pohorje | ++386 2 234 66 11 | | last modified: 24/10/2014
View on map
GPS N: 46,5574
E: 15,6305
Destination: Maribor - Pohorje
Place: Maribor

Book & Buy

Reservations
Search in:

Arrival:
Day
Month
Year
Nights
Rooms
Adult(s)
Room/Apartment
Children
GO!
X

Cookies

The website uses cookies to improve user experience. By visiting and using the website, you agree with cookies.
I agree
Read more