Height above sea level
in the countryside
Gančani has been cultivating from old the tradition of the cooper's trade, which has been preserved until the present time. Well worth seeing are the two Roman mounds, the still visible line of the Roman road, and the chapel in the centre of the village dating from 1908, which is the first chapel in the Prekmurje region that has been dedicated to the Heart of Christ. Handed down from generation to generation, the tradition of making flowers and decorations of crepe paper and wax is still alive in Gančani. The village maintains also the years-long tradition of setting up a maypole.